The personal tax account (PTA) can be used to check your tax records and manage your details with HMRC online, without having to contact HMRC by phone or post.
- reviewing your PAYE coding notices & details of employment income
- filing self assessment returns
- obtaining state pension forecasts
- managing tax credits and child benefit payments
- making marriage allowance transfers
- advising HMRC about a change of address
- reviewing & updating details of benefits in kind you receive from your employer, e.g. medical insurance, company cars
- checking your National Insurance record
With the introduction of in-year dynamic coding, the PTA service is particularly helpful for employees. It’s important that HMRC has the correct employment information and estimate of total income for a tax year, to ensure that only appropriate tax codes are issued and the right amount of tax is paid by employees. Employees can check the details of their total estimated income and apply for any adjustments through their PTA, without having to call HMRC.
If we can be of assistance with any matters relating to taxation, including self assessment and PAYE, please do not hesitate to contact us.